A very simple apple cake


It's Autumn, outside the forrest is turing into a lush dream of yellow, orange and rusty red tones and I have a craving for apple cake. I could have foraged for the apples, but climbing around being only 6 weeks from my due date isn't the best thing to do. So I thought of a quick and easy cheat instead. 

This is a very simple version of a traditional Scandinavian dessert, here in Denmark it's called "Æblekage", translated to apple cake. It's a no bake layered dish. And my little 'cheat' makes it even easier. 

All you need is to have is: 
1) a layer of whipped cream (optional: some seeds from real vanilla in the cream)
2) a layer apple sauce (thick version, I use organic apple sauce without any added sugar) 
3) a layer of crunched up biscuits (I've used whole grain not to sweet biscuits). 

and repeat. Looks best in a glas bowl so you can see all the layers. 


When it comes to ratio, 1 part of all, but make sure to have enough apple. It might be a tad sweet, so a homemade apple sauce can add some tartness. It's also delicious with a chunky tarty apple sauce and a homemade- crumble made with rolled oats.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top