Moving to the country (gonna eat a lot of....)


Bundad
Me - in traditional Norwegian dress (taken in Norway)
I've lived in the city life for the past 15-16 years (Bournemouth - Edinburgh - Oslo - Copenhagen) and but grew up on homemade jam, lemonade and more next to the woods where we went foraging for blueberries, lingonberries, mushrooms and items to play with. People might think I'm a city girl but my heart belongs to the forest (although I do like my barista-style coffee). Just having it close by makes me calm. 

In my current tiny garden
The past year or so I've been living in a row of houses close to the forest. I've noticed trees with unpicked fruit and nuts and to be honest it drives me crazy. Just wish I had space and time to pick them all... so I'm so happy to be moving to the country side. To a place with more space and hopefully with the chance to forage. 

I've already introduced the boys to how to be creative with what nature can provide. We have made snowmen, strawberry jam, picked elderflower around our house and attempted to make elderflower cordial (failed horribly), painted branches and made little animals from chestnuts. And I can't wait to make much more with them. Luckily I'll be on maternity leave for the upcoming year as we are about to have a little baby boy added to our flock in November. So I hope for time fit in even more DIYs in the future. 

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to following along on your new adventure, Heidi. Wishing you lots of luck and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetie. So happy you want to follow me here :)

      Delete

Back
to top